The safe and sandy beach stretches past sand dunes and an inland lake to the ferry at Shell Bay. In the other direction is a clifftop walk to Old Harry's rocks - and his wife (now much diminished!)
There are palm trees and parakeets in residence.
- Children are very welcome (up to 3 under the age of 14).
- Bed linen is supplied.
- We do not supply towels or beach towels.
- Sorry no smoking.
- We can take, between September and June one small well-behaved dog. (This is by prior arrangement only).
- Changeover day is normally Fridays. Short breaks are rather limited.
- Parking for two cars outside the cottage, between the low stone wall and the cottage itself.
- Nearest supermarkets are in Swanage (3 miles) or Wareham (8 miles).
The Shell Bay/Sandbanks ferry is 3 miles from the cottage and runs every 20 minutes (continuously at busy times ). Mainline trains run from Wareham (10) miles) and Poole or Bournemouth (10 miles).
We regret that the cottage is not wheelchair friendly. There is one small step to enter the cottage, one step from the kitchen to the sitting room and 3 steps to the downstairs bedroom. The other two bedrooms are up a flight of stairs. We are sorry that the cottage is not suitable for wheelchairs; it may not be suitable for elderly or disabled people. Please check before booking.
Oil fired central heating throughout the cottage.
Double electric oven with electric hob and cooker hood
- Fitted extractor fans
- Microwave, toaster, electric kettle, smoothie maker
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
The dining table seats 6 people. A highchair is available. The central heating thermostat is on the wall between the kitchen and sitting room.
The cupboards and dresser are well stocked with kitchen tools, crockery, glasses and equipment. Tiled floor. The controls for setting the central heating are in the small lobby which leads from the kitchen to the bathroom.
- Bath with overhead shower
- Hand basin and toilet
- Tiled floor, two towel radiators
- Oak floor with carpet
- Colour TV with DVD
- Brick fireplace with electric 'living coal' effect stove
- Telephone (incoming calls only) Wi-fi enabled
- Puzzles, games and books
Three small staggered steps lead to:
The small downstairs twin-bedded room with 2 full size single beds, dressing table, clothes cupboard and fitted carpet.
Flight of stairs from sitting room leads to:
- Double 4' 6" bed with ample wardrobe and cupboard space
- Fitted carpet
- Hair dryer
- A baby crib is available
- Bedside fans
- Twin-bedded (Two 3' twin beds)
- Ample Wardrobe and cupboard space
- Fitted carpet
Small yard where gas bottles, wheelie bin and washing line are housed. There is an outside tap for sandy feet. There is no garden. Parking is permitted on the road October to April. Parking is available for two cars between the low stone wall and the house at the front of the property. Our front door is reached by the driveway leading to our neighbours.
And on the doorstep:
Excellent general store (with post office) 5 minutes walk, bus stop 100 metres, historic Norman church 5 minutes walk.
On the beach
Paddling for the young ones - the beach gently goes to the sea. Swimming, fishing, crabbing, rock pools, sailing
and canoeing and paddle boarding.
In the nearby location
Riding (stables 3 minutes) walking, bird and deer watching in open country (5 mins). Golf club (2 miles) tennis courts in Swanage.
Eating out locally
To book or make further enquiries contact the owner, via email: email@example.com or
telephone 01929 480475, mobile 07946 415750 or Marcus on 07816 752599.
Our stay was amazing. Just perfect. Already planning our next trip back!